Get to Know the New Oculus for Business Headset
When Virtual Reality first emerged in the marketplace, it was considered by many to be a novelty product for consumers. Gaming and entertainment companies alike jumped at the opportunity to meet their customers in a new world. However, the benefits of VR for the commercial and business worlds were temporarily overlooked.
Fortunately, now the world is moving towards a more digital, diversified, and distributed future for work, virtual reality is beginning to find its place in the professional environment. Oculus for Business, a solution introduced in 2019 at Facebook’s F8 conference, aims to deliver the kind of meaningful experiences businesses need in VR.
The Oculus for Business solution provides a suite of tools intended to help companies reshape the way they communicate, collaborate, and share ideas. Let’s explore what you can do with Oculus for Business.
Oculus for Business Review: Features
The first iterations of Oculus for Business appeared back in OC4, when virtual reality was still a relatively new concept. Since then, companies have begun to embrace VR more extensively as a tool for collaborating remotely, onboarding employees, visualising data, and sharing ideas.
The Oculus for Business ecosystem allows companies to instantly access all the tools they need for training, collaboration, and communication, built on Workplace by Facebook. The Workplace by Facebook foundation ensures Oculus for Business combines excellent collaborative technology with high-performance security and privacy. Features of Oculus for Business include:
- 24-month hardware warranties
- Security and privacy protocols
- Scalable platform on the cloud
- Tools for quick training and education
- Real-time collaboration through Workplace
- Spatial memory training
- Affordable bulk hardware bundles
- Software and hardware kits
The Oculus for Business software bundle builds on the existing technology available from Oculus for the consumer marketplace. The biggest difference is the way Facebook bundles the technology for businesses. The Business version is created specifically for large-scale deployments, with a dedicated software suite, device setup support, management tools, and warranties.
Updated Oculus software built on top of the Workplace by Facebook environment ensures companies can easily access the collaboration functionality they need with the security that’s crucial for their team. Hardware bundles are also available to ensure companies have the endpoints they need to dive into VR, with bulk purchasing on offer.
Oculus for Business Review: Benefits
VR is rapidly changing the way we work, making it easier for teams to continue collaborating creatively in an environment where they might not be face-to-face with their peers. The Oculus for Business ecosystem combines business-focused software with security enabled from the ground up with hardware designed to suit company budgets.
Companies can use these solutions to help improve spatial memory training, allowing team members to develop skills through contextual experiences and muscle memory. You could embrace the Oculus for Business environment for collaboration without the added costs of travel. A VR environment makes it easier for teams to stay productive in a shared environment, wherever they are.
Some of the biggest benefits of Oculus for Business include:
- Countless use cases: Oculus for Business enables access to business VR through a holistic approach designed specifically for the business world. A dedicated software suite offers device setup and management tools combined with fantastic service and support. Business leaders can leverage VR with Oculus for Business to train and inform their employees, improve collaboration, and enhance teamwork among remote staff.
- Constant innovation: Facebook has already helped a range of companies to achieve significant outcomes with business VR. For instance, at the Hilton hotels environment, the company was able to reduce training time by around 90%. However, Facebook is also working closely with leaders in IT and enterprise services to deliver more immersive, customisable experiences for every brand.
- Scalable platform: Oculus for Business suits companies of all sizes as they scale to address different demands. You can run the deployment and management of a huge fleet of Oculus for Business hardware devices using cloud-based device management tools. Facebook even offers support for hardware and software via chat, email, and phone to guide you if you have any issues.
- Security and control: Since business interactions often require a higher level of security and compliance, Facebook has built security and privacy into the Oculus for Business ecosystem. Powerful account management and access controls safeguard both software and devices. Facebook also uses strict data handling and security protocols to store headset information and ensure you own all the data linked to your devices.
- Peace of mind: Aside from extensive control features, Oculus for Business also offers peace of mind through extended 24-month hardware warranties, quick exchanges for broken devices, and more. The whole software ecosystem is also built on top of Workplace by Facebook, to enable strong data centre security, as well as 24/7 threat monitoring, multiple layers of encryption, and advanced machine learning insights.
To ensure you get the right package to suit your business needs, Facebook encourages companies interested in Oculus VR technology to reach out to their team. You can talk to sales professionals from Facebook about what you want to accomplish with virtual reality, so they can guide you towards the right hardware and software combination for your needs.
Oculus for Business Review: Verdict
For a while now, companies have been gradually discovering the benefits of virtual reality for more than just consumer fun and entertainment. Since the pandemic, the demand for enhanced reality experiences is greater than ever, driven by a new increase in remote and hybrid working. Brands are beginning to rely on virtual reality technology to train, engage, and connect their employees.
For companies considering the shift into a VR-enhanced future, Oculus for Business from Facebook is an excellent choice. Combining proven technology and hardware with software like Workplace by Facebook means companies get everything they need in one affordable package. The opportunity to build your own kit based on what you’re trying to accomplish is a great touch too.