The Metaverse is a term that has gained widespread popularity in recent years, particularly with the rise of virtual reality and augmented reality technologies. In its essence, the Metaverse aims to provide a fully immersive and interactive experience for individuals, allowing them to explore new environments, socialize with others, and engage in various activities. The Metaverse goes beyond just gaming and entertainment as it has the potential to transform various industries especially in bringing new innovations within marketing and community engagement for brands.
It is estimated that by 2026, 30% of companies will be selling in the metaverse. In addition, consumers are increasingly becoming interested in the metaverse as 33% of adults are already interested in buying digital products in the metaverse, and 25% have shopped in a virtual store. According to Gartner, 75% of enterprises will move to using AI for their operational needs by the end of 2024. All these statistics leads us to the fact that Metaverse will become an integral part of businesses and that communication agencies need to start adapting to this emerging technology for brands promotions.
The Metaverse is expected to transform the traditional marketing methods in several ways.
- Conventional internet experiences will transform from 2D to 3D, offering VR, AR, gamified experiences, and interactivity with digital twins.
- It will enable social commerce through a customized digital world with community gatherings.
- Innovative conversational marketing experiences could be created through spatial audios, avatars, and customized digital places and video marketing can be made quicker and in a more appealing way.
- 3D digital places can be created for a more personalized landing page, and better and more engaging content can be used for storytelling.
- You can also use improved avatars for a more realistic virtual assistance.
- Brands would be able to gather rich data about interactivity, when the customer is inside an immersive 3D environment, for predictive analytics tools and to optimize campaigns.
- The immersive experiences offered by the metaverse are also perfect for attracting younger audiences and showcasing products in a new light.
Mext presents this unique opportunity for communication agencies to elevate their branding and audience targeting strategies.
- Create brand’s own world – Customize the 3D space in real-time, add digital twins, organize games, dress up avatars and provide a personalized experience for their community which no video, ads, words, or image could do. This would increase customer loyalty.
- Metaverse marketing campaigns – Organize innovative and interactive marketing campaigns with engaging content and ground-breaking digital experiences.
- Design events – Host live events or webinars or product launches or entertainment events to allow your community to travel through limitless digital spaces and facilitate connection with audiences worldwide, all in one space!
- Knowledge Centre – Get consolidated, curated and real-time data through user interactivity within the metaverse which could help to optimize your future marketing campaigns.
By taking an innovative approach with Mext, agencies can create a new world for brands that goes beyond the constraints of traditional media.