Campfire, a provider of immersive collaboration technology, has today announced the availability of its first-of-a-kind holographic collaboration system comprising a new multi-platform app for PC, Mac, and iPad and a specialized XR headset for PC.
With Campfire’s new solution, hybrid teams can now collaborate using 3D models and scans with the simplicity of modern 2D collaboration tools, and experience high-fidelity holograms in meetings that require face-to-face communication, according to the company.
The multi-platform experience can be accessed with a simple link that allows users to join a 3D scene composed from more than 40 types of 3D models and scans. Collaborators can interact in meetings or offline with tools to explore and annotate content. Regardless of device, hybrid teams can perform work virtually that would otherwise involve travel, shipping, and potential delays from inefficient communication when using 2D methods.
“Enterprise XR has been a fragmented mess of point solutions that fail to scale for lack of usability and utility. We designed Campfire to solve a basic human challenge that XR technology uniquely solves – the difficulty of communicating 3D information. We’ve made it easier than ever, and are proud to bring it to market,” said Jay Wright, CEO and co-founder, Campfire.
Campfire stated that today’s announcement follows two years of working with customers seeking to drive productivity and sustainability in digital transformation initiatives. Hundreds of companies applied for Campfire’s Early Access Program, and innovators in industries including aerospace, automotive, medical devices, retail, and apparel provided feedback to the company, which it used to ensure its solution helps to serve a wide range of workflows.
“We’ve been looking at AR and VR for 15 years because the potential productivity gains and cost savings are so great. We engaged with Campfire because it’s hands down the easiest-to-use solution I’ve seen and the best visual experience in a headset. Campfire opens the door to a much broader set of use cases that we couldn’t previously address,” said Ryan Wheeler, Senior Fellow Advanced Visualizations, Collins Aerospace.
The following products are now available from the company:
- Brings the simplicity of modern 2D collaboration tools to 3D.
- Organize more than 40 types of 3D models into scenes and share them as links.
- Open links to collaborate using tools for explaining and understanding complex concepts.
- Supports PC (Windows 10+), Mac, and iPad.
- Freemium with enterprise plans starting at USD $1,500 / user / year.
- Provides high fidelity augmented reality (AR) for meetings that require face-to-face communication.
- Offers more than four times the field-of-view by area compared to other leading AR headsets, according to Campfire.
- Uses an iPhone as a controller with the Campfire Pack.
- Uses the company’s ‘Campfire Console’ or ‘Studio Console’ devices for reliable shared holograms in offices, meeting rooms, and collaboration spaces.
- Certified with Dell Precision Workstations for plug-and-play using Thunderbolt-3.
- Available exclusively in the Campsite Starter Kit (noted below).
Campsite Starter Kit
- The fastest way to get started with holographic collaboration – users can get up and running in less than an hour, according to the company.
- Includes two Campfire Headsets/Packs/Consoles (Pioneer Edition), five enterprise user licenses, one Studio Console.
- Available in the US, UK, and EU.
- Costs USD $15,000 / year.
For more information on Campfire and its holographic collaboration technology, or to request an invite, please visit the company’s website.
Image credit: Campfire