Here are the most basic vital points to consider before creating any Augmented Reality app.
1. Do you really need AR?
- Why should you go for Augmented Reality, and why not other mediums cannot solve that purpose?
- Video instruction can solve the purpose of giving a simple product assembly instruction. Only go the AR for complex assembly instruction where the user needs to see the cross-section or complex structure to understand
2. Learn / Gain
- What is your customer going to learn or gain from the application?
- Creating AR apps to display some 3D object will never help the user learn or gain anything.
- Creating AR apps engineering, especially to learn the machine working principles, would be a great idea.
- Is that your application will entertain the customer?
- Always use animation or cartoon characters to entertain the user.
- Even though it is a professional purpose like giving product instructions, add some effective animations to entertain the user.
- Does the AR application continuously engage the user day by day, or is it just a one-time usage?
- Customers don’t prefer to install the app for one-time use. In those cases, go for Web AR.
5. Environment Interaction & User Device
- How is the AR app interacting with the natural world? Also, consider the type of user device. Generally, a head-mounted device like HoloLens or magic leap provides more powerful to understand the environment.
- The purpose of the Augmented Reality is to place virtual objects in the real-world environment. Adding interaction with the environment makes the user feels actual AR outcomes.
- Consider AR ball on the actual table surface. When the ball move out of the table, it should fall instead on the same surface.
Add other critical points in comments if anything I missed.